I'm very excited today. Last night I finished a baby shoe that I started a few weeks ago. Things never happen quickly in my house. The most exciting thing is that it worked! This is my first attempt at following crochet pattern. Admittedly I did free style it a bit when I my number of stitches didn't match the instructions, but ultimately it worked. Strangely it was the footbed that had me the most stumped. I don't know how many times I unravelled it. Then I realised that the pattern was from the US. DOH! Once I figured that out, I was away.
All I need to do now is finish the second shoe. Given the baby was due on Friday, I'd better get a wriggle on.
The pattern was 'Baby Mary Jane Skimmers' from http://hookcandy.com