Thursday, November 25, 2010

steiner v's state

Well, it seems as though we have decided to take our son out of state school and enrol him into class one at the local Steiner school. 


Even though I know this is the right decision, I feel like such a traitor. His current school is such a lovely little school, he has some lovely friends, and I have made  some lovely friends, but in the end, it is what it is, and it isn't right for Daniel.

Then I think, I should stay and try to make a difference, to support the school and contribute to change. But when is that going to happen? I can't see it happening in the short term, when it is important for my children.

When will our leaders realise that our children are children, and stop treating them like little adults. Stop pushing academia on them. Let them learn at their own pace, and stop pressuring teachers into an unrealistic and unproductive curriculum. 

The change has to come from a national level. It seems to me that there is only so much one individual can change at a local level.


1 comment:

  1. I hear you. Why oh why does our society think academia is so hot? There IS more to life and so there IS more to learn.

    ReplyDelete